Effective Data Security
Data security is the practice of keeping data protected from corruption and unauthorised access. Today data IS your business and data security is critical. No organisation wants the impact that data loss can cause on shareholder value, jobs, and competitive advantage or worse.
Data security ensures privacy whilst protecting personal or corporate data. Protection from unauthorised access and change is as important as the safe storage of data and its protection from loss whether it be a malicious act or system failure.
Most companies would find it almost impossible to continue in business if they were to irrevocably lose access to their key data. 50% of businesses that suffer major data loss never reopen and 90% close within 2 years.
At Millennia® we employ a range of security features on the data we hold. From multiple levels of firewalls with built-in intrusion protection, to external and internal vulnerability scanning, and configuration management and logging systems to detect and warn if something out of the ordinary occurs.
Security Benefits of Hosting with Millennia®
We can help you to protect your major company asset; be it through simple offsite backup procedures, replication of business systems to another site, or security scans of your IT environment.
- Security against Distributed Denial of Service attacks by re-directing malicious traffic whilst allowing authentic traffic through
- Ability to restore data through offsite backup procedures
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity through replication of business systems to another site
- Disaster Recovery points no more than 15 minutes adrift : although usually 15 seconds
- Mitigation of malware threats through the anti-virus system
- Blocking of attempted unauthorised access to systems through exploits via the Intrusion Prevention System
- Protection of IP Flooding through Dedicated high-end hardware firewalls
- Regular external and internal vulnerability scanning to aid patch management
- Configuration management and locking to alert of unauthorised changes
- Global event log monitoring and retention for later forensic analysis
- ISO27001:2013 compliance for physical environment
Disaster Recovery Services
Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), is a category of cloud computing used for protecting an application or data from a natural or human disaster or service disruption at one location by enabling a full recovery in the cloud. DRaaS differs from cloud-based backup services by protecting data and providing standby computing capacity on demand to facilitate more rapid application recovery.
In this always-on world it is no longer acceptable to recover your systems from backups, with the resultant loss of data (RPO) and amount of time to recover from slow backup media (RTO). It is more important than ever to get back up and running in the minimum possible time, with the minimum possible data loss.
Disaster recovery and business continuity services are driven by Zerto replication software with the aim of keeping recovery points no more than 15 minutes adrift from live data, although in reality, during normal operations, this is usually in the order of 15 seconds.