Data security is the practice of keeping data protected from corruption and unauthorised access. Today data IS your business and data security is critical. No organisation wants the impact that data loss can cause on shareholder value, jobs and competitive advantage or worse. Data security ensures privacy whilst protecting personal or corporate data. Protection from unauthorised access and change is as important as the safe storage of data and its protection from loss whether it be from malicious act or system failure. Most companies would find it almost impossible to continue in business if they were to irrevocably lose access to their key data. 50% of businesses that suffer major data loss never reopen and 90% close within 2 years.
How we can help
We can help you to protect your major company asset; be it through simple offsite backup procedures, replication of business systems to another site or security scans of your IT environment. Dedicated high-end hardware firewalls secure the Data Centre against IP Flooding and Denial of Service attacks. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation is also provided which protects both the attack target and neighbours from being adversely affected by an attack.
Disaster Recovery Services
Disaster recovery and business continuity services are driven by Zerto replication software with the aim of keeping recovery points no more than 15 minutes adrift from live data, although in reality, during normal operations, this is usually in the order of 15 seconds.
See our blog for a real DR situation READ MORE
Cloud Security System
83% of data traffic does not pass through a firewall. Internal cloud security of virtualised systems is provided via vArmour, the industry’s first distributed layer 7 security system. Security is built into the fabric of workloads whilst being easy to deploy and manage. Protection is wrapped around each workload with an independent set of controls via a distributed system. Every server is protected through security policies to avoid a breach of any one server from infecting others across the internal network.
Security Benefits of Hosting with Millennia
- Security against Distributed Denial of Service attacks by re-directing malicious traffic whilst allowing authentic traffic through
- Ability to restore data through offsite backup procedures
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity through replication of business systems to another site
- Disaster Recovery points no more than 15 minutes adrift : although usually 15 seconds
- Mitigation of malware threats through the anti-virus system
- Blocking of attempted unauthorised access to systems through exploits via the Intrusion Prevention System
- Protection of IP Flooding through Dedicated high-end hardware firewalls
- ISO27001:2005 compliance for physical environment